Browse Items (107 total)

906_RailroadTracksSouth3_20030504.jpg
Digital Only Lafayette Road North Rice, Fred Building Exterior(s)

920_View_South_20030504.jpg
View of Route One South, taken in 2003.

922_View_South_20030504.jpg
View of Route One South, taken in 2003.

page302.jpg
Crew of a life-saving Coast Guard station, possibly in Hampton, sitting down for Thanksgiving dinner in 1905.

page304.jpg
Diagram showing outline of the size of the original drumlin of which only the present Great Boar's Head remains. From "The Erosion of Great Boar's Head" by Albert N. Dow, 1925. Locations labeled in the diagram include Gunners Rock, Cassie Ledge,…

page307.jpg
Thorvald's Rock, showing the 'runic' markings, when it was located in Surfside Park.

page310a.jpg
Early view of Great Boar's head with the 'Fifty Steps in the foreground, ca. 1890. This staircase, also known as the fishermen's stairs, were a public right-of-way down the bank to a small fish house and boat landing used by fishermen and gunners for…

page310b.jpg
Three boys and a dog pose sitting in the grass atop Great Boar's Head in the early 1900's. Of the cottages in the background, Peter Randall's history has this to say, 'In 1898, attorney Edwin Eastman and County Treasurer William H. C. Follansbee,…

page313a.jpg
The Samuel K. Bell estate on Great Boar's Head, early 1900s. Randall's history of Hampton (p.311-2) writes that after a 1904 auction of property on the Head, 12 to 15 cottages were built, "with the finest one constructed on the tip of the Head by…

page313b.jpg
The Windham, the Boar's head cottage of the Worledge family, 1907. On the porch are Ethel and Marion Nudd and Mrs. Ella Worledge and her daughter Helen (later Helen Worledge Hayden). In later years Mrs. Worledge opened her cottage to summer boarders,…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2